I have just released The Invaders v1.1 and Asteroid Wars v1.1.
- Added the mothership that was initially missing from the first release of the game.
- Added mothership scoring between 50 – 300 depending on when the mothership gets destroyed.
- Added mothership engine sound.
- Minor tweaks to gameplay balancing.
- Changed scoring model.
- Added particle effect explosions. Grayscale for asteroids and colour for ships.
- Added Level-Up Sound Effect.
- Fixed disabling of ship controls when game has paused.
- Fixed ship thrust issues when game has ended.
- Minor Gameplay UI tweaks.
I have just released a new open source game called Asteroid Wars. It is a remake of the classic space shooter Asteroids.
The aim of Asteroid Wars is to destroy asteroids and saucers. The player controls a triangular ship that can rotate left and right, fire shots straight forward, and thrust forward. Once the ship begins moving in a direction, it will continue in that direction without player intervention unless the player applies thrust in a different direction.
Each level starts with a few large asteroids drifting in various directions on the screen. As the player shoots asteroids, they break into smaller asteroids that move faster and are more difficult to hit. Smaller asteroids are also worth more points. As well as asteroids, every so often a flying saucer will appear firing randomly into space, hoping one of its shots will hit the player.
As the player progresses through the game, the waves of asteroids and saucers gradually increase in difficulty.
Click Here to Play and Download